Correspondence program in PhD gives you the opportunity to pursue research in an area of your interest whether you reside in a remote village or working somewhere. A host of universities in India offer distance learning PhDs. Distance learning PhDs are not only convenient but also cost effective. It has got more popular in the recent few years.
Universities offering correspondence PhD program
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Indian Institute of Science
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
- International institute of Information Technology
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Pondicherry University
People from all disciplines are taking advantage of distance learning Education programs. Some of the popular subjects people wish to pursue research in are:
- Arts/Social Science- Literature, History, Political Science, Sociology, Education, Public Administration, Management, Geography
- Commerce and Economics
- Science and Engineering
A candidate applying for PhD programs must have a post graduate degree with 55 % in the subject he or she wishes to pursue the course. A 5 % relaxation is available for students belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/PWD).
Having a PhD opens up the path to a brighter career in the field of academics and other sectors.