Competitive exams in India are venerated especially by those with a traditional mindset, after all who wouldn’t consider cracking the ‘UPSC’ prestigious!
Competitive exams in India are evolving and setting new standards for the techno savvy gen-next. Almost everyone has access to smart phones, E-pads, ipads, androids et al. Search engines, content marketing and mobile internet together have changed the very foundation of how students look for information on subjects.
Consequently the method of study, research and learning has undergone a major paradigm shift. The concept of digital interactive learning is catching up. Students needn’t spend lakhs on preparatory courses or feel desperate looking for relevant information on subjects or topics.
Competitive exams are different from entrance exams as they help successful candidate’s kickstart their careers. Entrance tests on the other hand are standardized tests that help students join different undergraduate or postgraduate courses of study.
More students are choosing humanities at the intermediate level because of the increasing realization that the stream helps form a very good base for those interested in appearing for competitive exams such as civil services, legal services et al. The mindset of students should be changed from the school itself. It is not necessary for a student to pursue Science stream only. In fact, these exams can prove to be the best platform for Arts students who haven’t pursued the conventional medical or engineering courses.
Different Competitive Exams
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Combined Defense Services Exams
- Civil Services IAS Exam
- National Defense Academy Exam
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Competitive Exams
- Clerical Grade Exam
- Stenographers Exam (Grade C, D)
- SSC Combined Matric Preliminary Exams
Competitive Exams for Defense
- Indian Army Soldiers Clerks Exam
- IAF Airman Exams
- Indian Army Soldiers General Duty Exams
- Reserve Bank Officers Exam
- SBI Probationary Exams
- IBPS Clerical Grade Exams
- IBPS PO Exam
The eligibility criteria vary for different exams. However, reservation of seats is there for the SC/ST/OBC candidates. Candidates with physical disabilities also have reserved seats.
Preparing for These Exams
Here are some quick tips for preparing for these exams:
- Have the determination to give your best.
- Devote sufficient hours for studying.
- Choose the right study materials.
- Create a suitable strategy for studying that does not hamper you other studies.
- Do not panic and try to remain stress free.
- Before the exam day, rest properly.
Here is wishing you all the luck. Study hard, give your best in the exam and secure a lucrative job for yourself.