Hospitality is one of the most booming industries and you must know how it is strengthening Indian economy. Career in hotel management is no less smarter option than an MBA professional or a computer engineer. Isn’t it! You can get a chance to explore new places and meet new people. This is exciting! And you will be offered with a plethora of joy as perks. There are many Indian students who are interested to fly high in their career. Hotel management course is one such cool option!
Worried about how to kick start the whole thing? We will help you with that.
Eligibility Criteria required to join any Hotel Management program:
Bachelors Degree course: If you want to attend bachelor’s degree course in hotel management, minimum 50% in 10+2 is required. This is the criteria for top Indian hotel management colleges.
Diploma courses after 10th: Minimum criterion to join diploma courses after 10th is 40% aggregate in the school finals.
Certificate programs: Many top hotel management colleges follow the same requirement for certificate programs that is demanded for diploma courses. You must follow the official websites of the concerned colleges to know the information in details.
Post Graduate degree programs: Any graduate with 45% aggregate can attend any PG degree or diploma course in hotel management.
Hotel management has become an increasingly popular course among students who have recently passed out from schools. Even many graduates also opt for these hotel management courses. So what exactly is hotel management? The definition of hotel management is that it is a study of professional techniques of management in respect to catering and hotel administration. The aspects which are covered in this subject include marketing, accounts, housekeeping, maintenance, food and beverage management, etc. With a background in hotel management, candidates can get jobs in top hotels where they handle the administration and management of the entire hotel. India has seen a steep rise in the hotel industry with increasing number of tourists. The number of hotel management colleges has also increased with time. Here we will be having a look at the top courses of hotel management.
Top Hotel Management Courses
Courses in hotel management range from certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, degree, to post graduate degrees. Some of the top courses in which candidates can enroll in are listed below:
- Certificate Course in Hotel Catering Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Service
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Dietetics and Hospital Food Service
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Craftsmanship Course in Food Production & Patisserie
- B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- B.Sc in Hotel Management, Catering & Tourism
- Craftsmanship Course in Food & Beverage Service
- M. Sc. in Dietetics & Food Service Management
Hotel Management Entrance Tests
There are many entrance tests which the candidates need to qualify in to pursue these courses in top hotel management colleges. Some of them are listed below:
- IITM – Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management Entrance Test
- National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam (NCHMCT JEE)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University HM Test
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHMs) Joint Entrance Examination for B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration
- Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT)
There are top hotel management colleges in India like Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Indian Institute of Hotel Management, Institute of Hotel Management- Mumbai, etc where the hotel management courses are provided to the interested candidates.